Episode #1: Electric Vehicles In Connecticut: Where Are We Now?
This episode covers the types of electric vehicles (EVs), how they differ from gasoline-powered vehicles, what models are currently available in Connecticut, the EV charging network in Connecticut, and what Connecticut is doing (and can do) to incentivize drivers to purchase or lease EVs.[archiveorg KeepingItGreen101 width=640 height=140 frameborder=0 webkitallowfullscreen=true mozallowfullscreen=true]
Sources & Helpful Links:
- California Drive Clean
- Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA)
- EV Connecticut
- Green Car Reports
- Green Car Reports – Electric Car Price Guide
- Map of EV stations in Connecticut (as of Dec. 2014)
- Map of EV charging stations in the U.S.
- Maryland Electric Vehicles
- Maryland EV incentives
- Massachusetts Electric Vehicle Incentive Program (MassEVIP)
- Massachusetts Offers Rebates for Electric Vehicles (MOR-EV)
- Multi-State ZEV Action Plan
- Northeast Electric Vehicle Network
- State Zero-Emission Vehicle Programs Memorandum of Understanding
- U.S. Department of Energy – Alternative Fuels Data Center
Notes & Corrections:
The description of different types of electric vehicles that I used in the podcast is from the Maryland Electric Vehicle website, which is a great source of information.